In This Video: You’ll learn if it makes sense for you to quit your dev job to go freelance, or if you’d be better off side hustling first.
I’ve noticed that a lot of developers working jobs they don’t like dream of the freedom they can build freelancing, and want to stash some savings away so that they can quit and go freelance.
But is that always the best route, or might there be ways to build more flexibility into your current development job, and build a side hustle income that you can replace your main job income with, *and then* quit?
📋 Table of Contents:
- 0:00 – What we’ll cover in this video
- 0:36 – My story of being freelance, then employed, then freelance again
- 4:32 – My recommendation
- 4:45 – How to negotiate at your job
- 7:52 – Side hustling: a basis for transitioning
- 9:24 – Evaluating your priorities
- 10:56 – How do you do under pressure?
- 13:48 – What if you went part time?
- 14:29 – Increasing efficiency
- 15:36 – Evaluating what you really want
- 16:39 – Unexpected challenges you’ll hit
- 18:58 – Next steps…